Another reason to go to Brooklyn: the recently-opened Maison Yaki in Prospect Heights. A charming neighborhood joint from beloved Olmsted chef Greg Baxtrom where he applies his classic French cooking knowledge to small plates with Yakitori techniques. The result? Low-key French food with a Japanese flair. Think Tuna Niçoise skewers, breakfast radishes with Umeboshi butter and profiteroles with gingembre and matcha. Stop by while it’s still warm enough to sit in the back garden and play a game of pétanque or sit at the bar and sip on one of the herbal cocktails on tap.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining 9.12.21 Introducing Tory Burch & Co
- Entertaining 9.7.21 Word of Mouth: Gage & Tollner
- Entertaining 7.14.21 Meet the Designer Behind Brooklyn’s Coolest Floral Studio
- Entertaining 6.29.21 Expert Guide: Four Reasons to Make Time to Dine Together
- Entertaining 6.23.21 Entertaining 101: Summer Style