Spring 2018: Editors’ Style Tip
What do Audrey Hepburn, Jean Seberg and Brigitte Bardot all have in common? They’re actresses all, yes, but the trio also epitomize the best of Sixties style — and are oft-quoted inspirations for the enduring chic of the classic ballet flat, like Tory’s Chelsea. The key to pulling off the look like these style icons? Bare ankles — so pair the flats with cropped pants or jeans with a rolled cuff. Bonus tip: Opt for a nude or blush color to elongate the legs.
More to explore in Style
- Style 5.11.23 Mother’s Day: Life is a Beach for Michelle Li
- Style 5.11.23 Mother’s Day: Elissa Santisi & Franny Keller
- Style 5.9.23 Mother’s Day: Carla Rockmore Follows Her Inspiration
- Style 5.8.23 Mother’s Day: Telsha Anderson-Boone is Building a Legacy
- Style 5.2.23 Mother’s Day: Becky Malinsky Wants to Finish ‘The Power Broker’