It was a star-studded affair celebrating the top talents in television. Shonda Rhimes was in attendance. Samira Wiley and Priyanka Chopra, too. Over there were Alison Brie and Laverne Cox. And there, Lena Waithe, America Ferrera, Shannon Purser, Natalia Dyer, Logan Browning, Chrissy Metz…. No, we’re not talking about the 69th Primetime Emmy Awards, held last night at the Microsoft Theater in downtown L.A. and hosted by Stephen Colbert — although many of these names were nominated and one, Waithe, walked away with the golden prize. We’re talking about the Friday luncheon that kicked off the pre-Emmy weekend festivities, held at our flagship on Rodeo Drive and co-hosted by Tory Burch and Glamour magazine (and Brie, Ferrera, Metz, Dyer, Chopra, Wiley and Rhimes). The cause: celebrating the women of television who work in front of and behind the camera. As Glamour’s Cindi Leive noted in her toast: “I want to thank all of you for making shows that feature so many great female characters. And women who get to actually do things!”
For complete coverage, read the full story on Glamour.com.
More to explore in Style
- Style 5.11.23 Mother’s Day: Life is a Beach for Michelle Li
- Style 5.11.23 Mother’s Day: Elissa Santisi & Franny Keller
- Style 5.9.23 Mother’s Day: Carla Rockmore Follows Her Inspiration
- Style 5.8.23 Mother’s Day: Telsha Anderson-Boone is Building a Legacy
- Style 5.2.23 Mother’s Day: Becky Malinsky Wants to Finish ‘The Power Broker’