Inspiration: C.Z. Guest
Last night, Lady Gaga received the CFDA’s Icon award. The very first winner, in 2002, was the unforgettable C.Z. Guest, the very epitome of grace, beauty and style. Here, in 1950, C.Z. wears a floral dress and cropped jacket by Mainbocher, one of her favorites along with Givenchy. While she was the perfect model for couture, she was just as often photographed in a plain white T-shirt and shorts or a romper. She was truly All-American.
More to explore in Style
- Style 5.11.23 Mother’s Day: Life is a Beach for Michelle Li
- Style 5.11.23 Mother’s Day: Elissa Santisi & Franny Keller
- Style 5.9.23 Mother’s Day: Carla Rockmore Follows Her Inspiration
- Style 5.8.23 Mother’s Day: Telsha Anderson-Boone is Building a Legacy
- Style 5.2.23 Mother’s Day: Becky Malinsky Wants to Finish ‘The Power Broker’