Inspiration: Arthur Elgort
Arthur Elgort magically gets his subjects (models and real people alike) to jump, twirl, sprint and goof around for him. Capturing the joy in fashion — as opposed to the expected, oh-so-seriousness of it — is just one of the reasons the famed photographer is being honored with the prestigious Board of Directors Award at tonight’s CFDA gala. Here’s to the next 40 years of indelible Elgort images.
Above: Two guests take the plunge at Lauren Santo Domingo’s 2009 wedding, courtesy of Arthur Elgort.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 3.17.23 What’s Your Sign? Aries
- Culture 3.15.23 Calling All Women Entrepreneurs
- Culture 3.8.23 Tory On: International Women’s Day
- Culture 2.17.23 What’s Your Sign? Pisces
- Culture 1.30.23 Good Vibrations