Happy Bastille Day!
Happy Bastille Day! Get into the spirit of France’s independence day with a party (fireworks and parades in Paris, perhaps?), a game of petanque or… a day of pure R&R, unwinding in the legendary vacation haunt of St. Tropez. In between the long, lazy hours in the sun, don’t forget to make a stop at Les Galeries Tropéziennes, on 82, Rue Gambetta, the oldest store in St. Tropez. Founded in 1903 and now in the hands of Roseline Moreu, the bazaar-like shop is an institution — and a delightful hodgepodge of goods, from great fabrics and colorful candles to chic little dresses and woven espadrilles. Then there’s its latest exclusive: a canvas and leather beach tote done in collaboration with Goyard and named, appropriately, the Méditerranée.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 3.17.23 What’s Your Sign? Aries
- Culture 3.15.23 Calling All Women Entrepreneurs
- Culture 3.8.23 Tory On: International Women’s Day
- Culture 2.17.23 What’s Your Sign? Pisces
- Culture 1.30.23 Good Vibrations