From a star on the Walk of Fame to an Oscar on your mantelpiece, there are many signs of having “arrived” in Hollywood, but as far as any sushi devotee is concerned, there’s nothing quite like having a roll named after you at Hamasaku on Santa Monica Boulevard. The menu is filled with plates dedicated to the restaurant’s bold-faced patrons — the spicy tuna Charlize Theron, the Sarah Michelle Gellar (with jalapeño pearls) and Christina Applegate’s baked salmon nigiri. In celebration of our Food Issue this week, chef Yoya Takahashi created a special roll in honor of a certain sushi-loving designer who always visits when she’s in town…
For more features from our Food Issue, click here.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining 1.14.20 Cocktail of the Month: New Year, Timeless Margarita
- Entertaining 1.13.20 At Home—To The Very Max—With Tory Burch’s Filipa De Abreau
- Entertaining 12.19.19 A Creative Director’s Take on the Holiday Table
- Entertaining 12.9.19 Entertaining with an Entrepreneurial Twist
- Entertaining 12.2.19 How-Tos: Seven Tips for Creating the Ultimate Holiday Tablescape