If you haven’t noticed, yellow is the color right now. But why limit that cheerful hue to your wardrobe? Floral designer Raúl Àvila gave us three tips to incorporating that sunny factor at home, too.
1. Pick a Flower
Àvila loves parrot tulips, which look especially good in yellow. “Yellow is a happy color! I love yellow flowers combined with the color of the stem.”
2. Gradate It
“I will combine yellow with the same color. I add different shades of yellow to the arrangement and Camellia branches.”
3. Pack Appropriately
“Parrot tulips stand out better visually packed tightly in a vase,” says Àvila. “Also, keeping them tight will keep the stem strong.”
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining 12.2.19 How-Tos: Seven Tips for Creating the Ultimate Holiday Tablescape
- Entertaining 11.27.19 Tory On: Entertaining
- Entertaining 11.27.19 Are Flowers The New Zodiac Signs?
- Entertaining 11.26.19 A Tory Burch Thanksgiving in Milan
- Entertaining 11.18.19 Here’s the Entrepreneur Behind Fashion’s Love Affair With Flowers