To Do: Anselm Kiefer in Paris
For his massive Morgenthau Plan exhibit at Larry Gagosian’s new gallery in Paris, Anselm Kiefer planted an entire wheat field and encased it within a steel cage that is over 16-feet high. And, no, the German artist wasn’t thinking purple mountain majesties and amber waves of grain, even if the show does nod to a slice of American history — Henry Morgenthau, Jr. was Roosevelt’s U.S. Secretary of the Treasury who wanted to turn post-war Germany into a pre-industrial, agricultural state. But hurry, Anselm’s provocative sheaf session ends this week.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 3.17.23 What’s Your Sign? Aries
- Culture 3.15.23 Calling All Women Entrepreneurs
- Culture 3.8.23 Tory On: International Women’s Day
- Culture 2.17.23 What’s Your Sign? Pisces
- Culture 1.30.23 Good Vibrations