Q: What are your Thanksgiving plans?
A: The day revolves around our whole family gathering for a big family meal. It’s the kind of chaos I love — a lot of talking, laughing and eating. We’re at the table for hours, so it has to be something we feel comfortable around. And since I’m not a big cook, I’m happy to take over décor duty. I like a lot of tea lights and use my favorite pieces, like monogrammed linens I’ve had for a while and Imari vases filled with fresh flowers and berries (keeping the arrangement low so we can see each other across the table). I mix up fall oranges and purples with a little hot pink.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining 1.28.21 A Recipe For: Bitter Greens and Citrus Salad
- Entertaining 12.16.20 Cocktail of the Month: Martini
- Entertaining 12.10.20 Recipe: Vegan Pear Cake
- Entertaining 11.12.20 Expert Advice: Setting a Welcoming Holiday Table
- Entertaining 11.10.20 Our Go-To Gift for Food (and Travel) Lovers