Or maybe he does, and he’s thanking his lucky stars for having found somebody who can ride out this challenging chapter with an unorthodox that is fueled by a sense of gratitude. Their new routine: He grills fish, she sets the table. The world’s troubles recede for a moment, and family memories are made. Recently, de Abreu posted a shot to her Instagram that had us positively green with envy (what we wouldn’t give to be there!). “I try to do a couple of special dinners or lunches a week for no special reason other than to celebrate every day as a gift and not a right,” she says. “I find joy in beauty.” And a little wisdom, too.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining 1.28.21 A Recipe For: Bitter Greens and Citrus Salad
- Entertaining 12.16.20 Cocktail of the Month: Martini
- Entertaining 12.10.20 Recipe: Vegan Pear Cake
- Entertaining 11.12.20 Expert Advice: Setting a Welcoming Holiday Table
- Entertaining 11.10.20 Our Go-To Gift for Food (and Travel) Lovers