Ann, then a PE teacher, was a favorite going into the 400 a few days earlier, but nabbed the silver. Disheartened, she planned to skip the 800 in favor of some retail therapy. But when her fiancé, Robbie Brightwell, placed fourth in his own races, she felt motivated to compete…and win.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 2.19.20 Why Tory Wants You to Get to Know Simone Veil
- Culture 2.18.20 The Tory Burch Foundation: The Backstory
- Culture 2.17.20 Preparing for Pisces Season, One Horoscope at a Time
- Culture 2.10.20 5 Questions with Francesca DiMattio
- Culture 1.29.20 Invite Yourself to This New York City Dinner Party ASAP