Yes, there is such a thing as a healthy cocktail — as Beth Ritter Nydick and Tara Roscioli show in their book, Clean Cocktails: Righteous Recipes for the Modern Mixologist (Countryman Press). Here, their recipe for the dangerous-sounding The All-Night Bender, which, surprisingly enough, comes packed with beta carotene and antioxidants and reduces inflammation — “so you’re not pie-eyed the morning after,” they write.
5 fresh ginger coins
2 ounces gin
1 ounce carrot juice
1⁄2 ounce freshly squeezed
1⁄4 ounce Honey Syrup
Carrot coin for garnish
Muddle the ginger coins in a cocktail shaker. Add the gin, carrot and lime juices, Honey Syrup, and ice and shake for 10 seconds.
Strain the contents of the shaker into an ice-filled highball glass. Garnish with the carrot coin and serve.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining 10.26.20 The Booming Business of Booze-Free Cocktails
- Entertaining 10.16.20 Brunch with Madame de la Maison’s Ajiri Aki
- Entertaining 10.6.20 At-home Picnics with Bronson van Wyck
- Entertaining 9.29.20 10 Takeaways from Manners Begin at Breakfast
- Entertaining 9.23.20 Tory Burch Trunkshow, Now on Moda Operandi