Yes, there is such a thing as a healthy cocktail — as Beth Ritter Nydick and Tara Roscioli show in their book, Clean Cocktails: Righteous Recipes for the Modern Mixologist (Countryman Press). Here, their recipe for the dangerous-sounding The All-Night Bender, which, surprisingly enough, comes packed with beta carotene and antioxidants and reduces inflammation — “so you’re not pie-eyed the morning after,” they write.
5 fresh ginger coins
2 ounces gin
1 ounce carrot juice
1⁄2 ounce freshly squeezed
1⁄4 ounce Honey Syrup
Carrot coin for garnish
Muddle the ginger coins in a cocktail shaker. Add the gin, carrot and lime juices, Honey Syrup, and ice and shake for 10 seconds.
Strain the contents of the shaker into an ice-filled highball glass. Garnish with the carrot coin and serve.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining 1.14.20 Cocktail of the Month: New Year, Timeless Margarita
- Entertaining 1.13.20 At Home—To The Very Max—With Tory Burch’s Filipa De Abreau
- Entertaining 12.19.19 A Creative Director’s Take on the Holiday Table
- Entertaining 12.9.19 Entertaining with an Entrepreneurial Twist
- Entertaining 12.2.19 How-Tos: Seven Tips for Creating the Ultimate Holiday Tablescape