It was a star-studded affair celebrating the top talents in television. Shonda Rhimes was in attendance. Samira Wiley and Priyanka Chopra, too. Over there were Alison Brie and Laverne Cox. And there, Lena Waithe, America Ferrera, Shannon Purser, Natalia Dyer, Logan Browning, Chrissy Metz…. No, we’re not talking about the 69th Primetime Emmy Awards, held last night at the Microsoft Theater in downtown L.A. and hosted by Stephen Colbert — although many of these names were nominated and one, Waithe, walked away with the golden prize. We’re talking about the Friday luncheon that kicked off the pre-Emmy weekend festivities, held at our flagship on Rodeo Drive and co-hosted by Tory Burch and Glamour magazine (and Brie, Ferrera, Metz, Dyer, Chopra, Wiley and Rhimes). The cause: celebrating the women of television who work in front of and behind the camera. As Glamour’s Cindi Leive noted in her toast: “I want to thank all of you for making shows that feature so many great female characters. And women who get to actually do things!”
For complete coverage, read the full story on Glamour.com.
More to explore in Style
- Style 12.5.19 Chicken v. Baby Yoda: Who Wore It Best?
- Style 11.25.19 ‘Tis the Season to Get Your Cozy Sweater On
- Style 11.21.19 This Fashion Editor-Turned-Podcaster has Travel Top of Mind for the New Year
- Style 11.17.19 Just One Thing: Embrace Ambition Bracelets
- Style 11.17.19 Instagram-Approved Looks for the Holiday Season