With weeks of long days and late nights in the lead up to Fashion Week,
the actual day of the show can go by in a blur…
- 5:30 AM
- Wake up and try to wake my boys up.
- 6:30 AM
- Hair and makeup ready, we leave for Lincoln Center. Our Tory Daily photographer gets it all on film.
- 7:10 AM
- Check in with the design team. The clothes are getting steamed while I do some backstage interviews.
- 8:15 AM
- Walk through the collection on the racks with an editor, talking about Spring 2015’s Françoise Gilot inspiration, texture and my favorite looks.
- 8:30 AM
- Dress rehearsal. I love hearing Nian Fish direct.
- 9:15 AM
- Show time! Excited for the soundtrack: Rolling Stones and Lykke Li.
- 9:27 AM
- Final bow.
- Lunch at Indochine with the design team. It’s a tradition. I think everyone is going home to sleep afterwards.
- 4:00 PM
- Meeting to discuss our new book Tory Burch In Color, watch collection and the opening celebration of our Shanghai flagship… all to come in October!
- 7:00 PM
- Leaving the office for dinner with my family and to catch a friend’s Spring 2015 show.
Get the ultimate Spring 2015 experience, from inspiration to runway coverage.