Yes, there is such a thing as a healthy cocktail — as Beth Ritter Nydick and Tara Roscioli show in their book, Clean Cocktails: Righteous Recipes for the Modern Mixologist (Countryman Press). Here, their recipe for the dangerous-sounding The All-Night Bender, which, surprisingly enough, comes packed with beta carotene and antioxidants and reduces inflammation — “so you’re not pie-eyed the morning after,” they write.
5 fresh ginger coins
2 ounces gin
1 ounce carrot juice
1⁄2 ounce freshly squeezed
1⁄4 ounce Honey Syrup
Carrot coin for garnish
Muddle the ginger coins in a cocktail shaker. Add the gin, carrot and lime juices, Honey Syrup, and ice and shake for 10 seconds.
Strain the contents of the shaker into an ice-filled highball glass. Garnish with the carrot coin and serve.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining 11.10.18 Interior Designer Beata Heuman On: The Holidays
- Entertaining 10.30.18 Flashback: Women to Watch Luncheon
- Entertaining 10.29.18 Recipe: The Marvelous Moscow Mule
- Entertaining 10.24.18 Interior Designer Ariel Okin On: Holiday House NYC
- Entertaining 10.17.18 Just One Thing: Fresh Flowers