Opening April 16, the Museum of Modern Art presents a new exhibition featuring more than 100 years of photography by women artists. Our Selves: Photographs by Women Artists from Helen Kornblum explores themes of feminism, civil rights, Indigenous sovereignty and queer liberation. The works — including pieces by Frances Benjamin Johnston, Cara Romera, Carrie Mae Weems and Hulleah J. Tsinhnahjinnie – range from portraiture, photojournalism and social documentary to avant-garde experimentation, advertising and performance. Our Selves is on view through October 2, 2022.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 3.17.23 What’s Your Sign? Aries
- Culture 3.15.23 Calling All Women Entrepreneurs
- Culture 3.8.23 Tory On: International Women’s Day
- Culture 2.17.23 What’s Your Sign? Pisces
- Culture 1.30.23 Good Vibrations