On Location: Hancock Shaker Village
Salmon, marigold and crisp white façades; rooms filled with handcrafted wooden chairs and woven baskets… Hancock Shaker Village in the Berkshires provided the perfect setting for our Spring/Summer 2021 presentation.
Hancock Shaker Village began in the late 1780s, functioning as a Shaker community for nearly two centuries. Since 1960, it has been painstakingly preserved as a museum for future generations to enjoy. The property today is comprised of 20 buildings, a working farm and significant collections of Shaker furniture and artifacts. Shakers were masters in woodworking and basketry, and their influence on modern art and design is unmistakable.
See our Spring collection in action above.
More to explore in Style
- Style 5.11.23 Mother’s Day: Life is a Beach for Michelle Li
- Style 5.11.23 Mother’s Day: Elissa Santisi & Franny Keller
- Style 5.9.23 Mother’s Day: Carla Rockmore Follows Her Inspiration
- Style 5.8.23 Mother’s Day: Telsha Anderson-Boone is Building a Legacy
- Style 5.2.23 Mother’s Day: Becky Malinsky Wants to Finish ‘The Power Broker’