Bette Franke On: The Plaid Jean
Cool, wearable, versatile? Check, check and check. Our Connor Super Skinny Jean captures the essence of the season — ladylike, with a dose of irony. Otherwise stated: it’s prim and proper, with personality. Printed pants are (almost) becoming a basic, and this unique pattern is a hand-painted take on classic plaid. Wear it with bare ankles and lightweight layers when the weather is warm, and come cooler temps, slip on a thin sock to solve the shoe-pant dressing dilemma that cold-weather presents.
Added bonus: Plaid is a nod to Brit style — we like to think how punks in the Seventies made traditional tartan into an anti-establishment statement — and done in a color palette of red, white and lots of blue, this look is the perfect ode to the Olympics.
More to explore in Style
- Style 5.11.23 Mother’s Day: Life is a Beach for Michelle Li
- Style 5.11.23 Mother’s Day: Elissa Santisi & Franny Keller
- Style 5.9.23 Mother’s Day: Carla Rockmore Follows Her Inspiration
- Style 5.8.23 Mother’s Day: Telsha Anderson-Boone is Building a Legacy
- Style 5.2.23 Mother’s Day: Becky Malinsky Wants to Finish ‘The Power Broker’