Crazy Rich Asians actress Gemma Chan took a 24-hour break from filming a new drama in London and… hopped across the pond to attend Tory’s Spring/Summer 2019 runway. “I thought it was beautiful,” she told WWD after the show. “It made me want to go on vacation immediately.” Among the items that caught her eye: a chiffon caftan with cascading gold coins that reference Reva’s love of vintage coin jewelry.
“I’ve been a fan of [Burch’s] for years,” she continued. “I really admire her as a person; I think she’s inspirational to women as an entrepreneur and as a philanthropist. And every season I think she creates beautiful things that make women feel good, and they’re elegant, but [they’re] also very accessible. And I love that she’s inspired by, clearly, the world.”
Gemma, consider us a fan of yours too.
More to explore in Style
- Style 5.11.23 Mother’s Day: Life is a Beach for Michelle Li
- Style 5.11.23 Mother’s Day: Elissa Santisi & Franny Keller
- Style 5.9.23 Mother’s Day: Carla Rockmore Follows Her Inspiration
- Style 5.8.23 Mother’s Day: Telsha Anderson-Boone is Building a Legacy
- Style 5.2.23 Mother’s Day: Becky Malinsky Wants to Finish ‘The Power Broker’