Word of Mouth: Midnight in Paris
Fittingly, funnyman Woody Allen is about to release his 41st film, Midnight in Paris, at the Cannes Film Festival. In fact, it opens the festival today. Allen may be synonymous with a certain kind of New York wit, but the film is very French — First Lady Carla Bruni-Sarkozy has a noticeable cameo as a gallery guide at the Rodin museum. The romantic-comedy, which also stars Rachel McAdams, Marion Cotillard and Owen Wilson (above, with Allen and Bruni-Sarkozy), is supposed to be an open love letter to Paris, romance and art. Sounds as sweet as a Ladurée macaroon.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 3.17.23 What’s Your Sign? Aries
- Culture 3.15.23 Calling All Women Entrepreneurs
- Culture 3.8.23 Tory On: International Women’s Day
- Culture 2.17.23 What’s Your Sign? Pisces
- Culture 1.30.23 Good Vibrations