Best Dressed: Valerie Boster
Vogue’s Bookings Editor talks surf and Spring 2011 style.
I love my job because… I get to work with the best creative talent and watch genius at work. Every day is different and I leave the office excited and inspired.
My favorite spot for a spring getaway is… any surf spot.
In this picture I am wearing … Tory’s Harper blouse, Kevin shorts and Ram Head necklace with Balenciaga wedges.
I would wear this look to go… from the Hamptons to Turks & Caicos. It’s such an easy look.
I always pack… The Row’s black blazer, Alex Wang tanks and BASTA and Mikoh bikinis—you never know where there’s surf and the bikini tops punch up a look worn under blouses or tanks.
On the plane… I’ll be reading The New Yorker and The Tiger’s Wife by Téa Obreht, and watching 30 Rock and Modern Family.
The secret to traveling in style is… less is more. If you can find a few transitional pieces that can be worn with several different looks, like a great cardigan or a wide leg pant, you will always look chic without five bags of luggage.
The best piece of fashion advice I ever received was… “Dress shabbily and they remember the dress; dress impeccably and they remember the woman.” —Coco Chanel
My favorite charity is… Goods for Good.
My sign is… Gemini.
More to explore in Style
- Style 5.11.23 Mother’s Day: Life is a Beach for Michelle Li
- Style 5.11.23 Mother’s Day: Elissa Santisi & Franny Keller
- Style 5.9.23 Mother’s Day: Carla Rockmore Follows Her Inspiration
- Style 5.8.23 Mother’s Day: Telsha Anderson-Boone is Building a Legacy
- Style 5.2.23 Mother’s Day: Becky Malinsky Wants to Finish ‘The Power Broker’