Jessica Zamora-Turner wearing Tory’s Caspian bow blouse and Gemini Link loafer; photograph courtesy of Zamora-Turner
- Left: The Rose Bar in New York; right, clockwise from top left: Tory’s Caspian bow blouse, Fleming snake small convertible shoulder bag, Gemini Link ID bracelet; Peace Smoking slippers and Stace pants
- Left: Sketch in London; right, clockwise from top left: Tory’s Quincy cashmere sweater, stone wreath drop earrings; Belleville sandal; Robinson convertible shoulder bag, Cove skirt
- Left: Tory’s home in New York; right, clockwise from top left: Kimberly sweater, Deco drop earrings, Margot pant, leather micro satchel, Delphine pumps
’Tis the season for dinner parties, family gatherings, special event after special event and… staring at your closet wondering what to wear to it all. So we’ve called on Jessica Zamora-Turner, the stylist behind Tory Burch’s many styling events, to share some insider intel. Keep reading to get her tips on what to wear — and how.
I love an elevated but relaxed look for a dinner date — plus with flats, you can always go dancing afterwards! I suggest pairing this shirt with vintage denim for a daytime look, and the pants look great with an oversized sweater and heels.
And for date night…
This skirt makes a great statement, so a clean black crew-neck is a good balance. I’m in full support of this season’s earring trend and love this graphic, sparkly pair for a date.
And holidays with the family…
This is a modern holiday look that’s perfect for a family get-together — red and pink together is a classic for me. I’ve paired this with heels, but I think these pants would also be great with a black flat.
My top personal style tip…
Always keep things effortless. There’s nothing more stylish than a look that really belongs on you. When I work with clients I encourage an unexpected element to offset any look. In a season of more formal dressing, this can be translated in a natural beauty moment or a pop of color from accessories.
They’re crucial. You can get away with a lot style wise but choose your shoes and bag carefully.
Tips on pairing heel heights with hem lengths…
I prefer a heel with a longer hemmed skirt or cropped pants and jeans. Other than that I like to have a good selection of flat shoes for every occasion, because in my experience we often prefer to just be comfortable at the last minute.
Clutch essentials to avoid on-the-scene fashion emergencies…
Every bag I own has a few essentials in the side pocket: a safety pin (or two), lip balm and a spare tampon.
More to explore in Style
- Style 5.11.23 Mother’s Day: Life is a Beach for Michelle Li
- Style 5.11.23 Mother’s Day: Elissa Santisi & Franny Keller
- Style 5.9.23 Mother’s Day: Carla Rockmore Follows Her Inspiration
- Style 5.8.23 Mother’s Day: Telsha Anderson-Boone is Building a Legacy
- Style 5.2.23 Mother’s Day: Becky Malinsky Wants to Finish ‘The Power Broker’