- Actress Liu Shi Shi, left, and Tory Burch
- Models Emma Pei, left, and Tian Yi
- Lv Yan, model and Comme Moi designer
- Model Ma Jing
- Socialite Rigel Davis, left, and stylist Leaf Greener
- Blogger Sasha Xiao
- Blogger Anny Fan
If duality was the theme of the evening, it reared its head(s) in every ambient detail, as Chinese celebrities, like actress Liu Shi Shi of Scarlet Heart fame and global fashion industry insiders like PR mogul Melvin Chua, Comme Moi’s Lv Yan, Babyghost’s Qiaoran Huang and stylist Leaf Greener, mingled among contrast canapés of spring rolls and sliders, and an infinite flow of Southside cocktails and champagne. Even music, from DJ Gin, a Shanghai transplant from Taiwan, spun bass-thumping, hip-hop beats from New Jersey rapper Fetty Wap to Korean pop sensation G Dragon.
As the lights dimmed and guests began to part ways, with matching Gemini Link bracelets in tow, the sounds of the city streets began to resemble that of home — were we in New York? No matter the place, whether East or West, this was certainly a night well lived.
More to explore in Style
- Style 5.11.23 Mother’s Day: Life is a Beach for Michelle Li
- Style 5.11.23 Mother’s Day: Elissa Santisi & Franny Keller
- Style 5.9.23 Mother’s Day: Carla Rockmore Follows Her Inspiration
- Style 5.8.23 Mother’s Day: Telsha Anderson-Boone is Building a Legacy
- Style 5.2.23 Mother’s Day: Becky Malinsky Wants to Finish ‘The Power Broker’