For her Spring/Summer 2017 show, Tory transformed the lobby of the new Whitney Museum of American Art, which offered a backdrop like no other — encased in glass, the morning sunlight streamed in beautifully behind the models. And when we say “transformed,” we mean it. Goodbye, ticket counter and corner bookstore. Hello, front row and abstract floor paintings by Brooklyn-based artist Sarah Oliphant. Here, a time-lapse video of the entire process.
Explore more features from Fashion Week Issues, past and present
More to explore in Style
- Style 5.11.23 Mother’s Day: Life is a Beach for Michelle Li
- Style 5.11.23 Mother’s Day: Elissa Santisi & Franny Keller
- Style 5.9.23 Mother’s Day: Carla Rockmore Follows Her Inspiration
- Style 5.8.23 Mother’s Day: Telsha Anderson-Boone is Building a Legacy
- Style 5.2.23 Mother’s Day: Becky Malinsky Wants to Finish ‘The Power Broker’