- A few runway looks from Guillaume Henry’s Nina Ricci Fall 2016 collection, courtesy of Nina Ricci
- Photographed by Alasdair McLellan/Art Partner
Fresh off his fantastic Fall 2016 show during Paris Fashion Week, inspired by the ever-alluring Romy Schneider, Nina Ricci’s Guillaume Henry took some time out to speak with Tory Daily. Learn his pre- and post-show rituals and routines, plus his dream PFW invite.
When I was still a student and used to sneak in through back doors…. I managed to attend a Thierry Mugler couture show without an invitation.
My pre-show rituals…
Making sure the cupboards are filled with chocolate bars. It’s my fuel during show preparation.
The night before the show, I’m always…
Down on my knees, checking hemlines.
And the night after the show…
On the terrace of a café with my closest friends.
People would be surprised to know that during fashion week, I…
Barely change my ways and habits.
If I could attend any fashion show in history, it would be…
The Yves Saint Laurent Liberation collection. A close friend of mine was there and even though it was over 40 years ago, he remembers each look vividly.
I wouldn’t be able to design without…
A pen and paper.
Greatest discovery from the Nina Ricci archives…
There are no archives — all is still to be discovered.
More to explore in Style
- Style 3.6.23 Introducing The Ella Bio
- Style 3.1.23 Tory Daily 10: Solar-Powered Style
- Style 2.14.23 Fall/Winter 2023: Accessories Report
- Style 2.14.23 Fall/Winter 2023: Bag Report
- Style 2.14.23 Fall/Winter 2023: Shoe Report