By now, you’re no doubt immersed by fashion publications worldwide bringing you the latest and the newest from the runways. But why not take a breather and lose yourself in how it was once done, and done fabulously by a master photographer? Helmut Newton: Pages from the Glossies features the revolutionary lensman’s most iconic images from the printed page, dating back to the late 1950s — including some never-before-seen images. From his pioneering work in Vogue to Elle and Amica, Newton’s singular style and way of capturing a zeitgeist has impacted countless artists, photographers, designers and editors. Delight in the then — in the striking, dynamic, awe-inspiring then — and then resume in consuming today’s endless waves of digital fashion imagery, with a whole new perspective.
Check out more features from Fashion Week Issues, past and present.
More to explore in Style
- Style 5.11.23 Mother’s Day: Life is a Beach for Michelle Li
- Style 5.11.23 Mother’s Day: Elissa Santisi & Franny Keller
- Style 5.9.23 Mother’s Day: Carla Rockmore Follows Her Inspiration
- Style 5.8.23 Mother’s Day: Telsha Anderson-Boone is Building a Legacy
- Style 5.2.23 Mother’s Day: Becky Malinsky Wants to Finish ‘The Power Broker’