- “This photo of Alan Cumming and Iris Apfel was shot at an intimate dinner [for W magazine’s 40th anniversary, 2012] at Rose Bar
in Gramercy Park Hotel. As an event photographer, celebrity shots are obligatory and can begin to feel prosaic. I particularly like this one because
a) Ms. Apfel is a legend, b) the candid expressions and c) the ambient lighting.”
- “This is a shot from Sophie Theallet’s [Spring 2013] runway show at Milk Studios. If you ever meet Ms. Theallet, you’ll find that she exudes that particular brand of elegance and sexiness that only French women employ. This photo embodies both Ms. Theallet’s creative and emotional traits.”
- “This is a backstage shot from [the Houghton Spring 2013 show] at The Standard. This photo resonates with me because the model’s discomfort is so palpable. Whenever I wear earrings, even small studs, I feel like my ears are going to wither away. But this model is going to handle it like a pro and with a smile, so I congratulate her.”
- “People always want to be at the best party during Fashion Week. Last year, that party was for Opening Ceremony’s 10-year anniversary. The subjects in this photo, fun-loving and brazen, represent the way I see the future of fashion.”
Photographer Angela Pham is right up in the fashion scene, capturing events and nightlife for Billy Farrell Agency. Above, she shares the stories behind her favorite shots from Fashion Weeks past (plus one all-time favorite).
More to explore in Style
- Style 1.10.20 You Know The Drille… Or Do You?
- Style 1.9.20 Editors’ Mood Board: A Collage That Pays Tribute to a Crafty Collection
- Style 12.31.19 An Exclusive New Year’s Eve Comic from Your New Favorite Cartoonist
- Style 12.18.19 The Teddy Coat That Le Tout Instagram is Obsessed With
- Style 12.16.19 Last-Minute but First-Class: A Very Special Holiday Gift Selection