There’s something unexpected and dramatic about a big bouquet of bright indigo blooms, especially when they skew toward the violet side of the spectrum. The color carries all the regal qualities associated with imperial blues and purples — and it’s coolly romantic, too. Plus, the hue is right in step with the tie-dye trend of the season; the word indigo takes after the Greek word indikon, a blue dye from India.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining 1.28.21 A Recipe For: Bitter Greens and Citrus Salad
- Entertaining 12.16.20 Cocktail of the Month: Martini
- Entertaining 12.10.20 Recipe: Vegan Pear Cake
- Entertaining 11.12.20 Expert Advice: Setting a Welcoming Holiday Table
- Entertaining 11.10.20 Our Go-To Gift for Food (and Travel) Lovers