There’s something unexpected and dramatic about a big bouquet of bright indigo blooms, especially when they skew toward the violet side of the spectrum. The color carries all the regal qualities associated with imperial blues and purples — and it’s coolly romantic, too. Plus, the hue is right in step with the tie-dye trend of the season; the word indigo takes after the Greek word indikon, a blue dye from India.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining 1.14.20 Cocktail of the Month: New Year, Timeless Margarita
- Entertaining 1.13.20 At Home—To The Very Max—With Tory Burch’s Filipa De Abreau
- Entertaining 12.19.19 A Creative Director’s Take on the Holiday Table
- Entertaining 12.9.19 Entertaining with an Entrepreneurial Twist
- Entertaining 12.2.19 How-Tos: Seven Tips for Creating the Ultimate Holiday Tablescape