By Eugene Souleiman
- The Inspiration
There’s a slight nod to the Art Nouveau movement. We took the embellishment and curls from Gustav Klimt, but did something that has a more modern feel to it. Otherwise it looks very period. We’re not really in an HBO-romantic-series kind of world, are we? We’re in New York.
- The Look
We’re creating this soft and beautiful almost-bun — kind of where a bob meets a twist meets a bun. What I love about this is that it’s one continuous movement; it isn’t sectioned off. I think there’s a very light, almost ethereal texture to Tory’s clothes and I try to mimic that. It’s the feeling of freshness and lightness with something more structured.
- How to Get It
Spread a saline-based product at the roots of the hair, which takes the moisture out a little bit and allows it to become almost like static. It brings out the kind of imperfections that are really very beautiful. Then do a very low part, tease the underneath and roll it under. Turn the bun and pin it. There’s a structure to it, but it’s done in a very spontaneous way.
More to explore in Beauty
- Beauty 8.14.20 Let’s Face It: Fall 2020 Instagram Filters
- Beauty 4.1.20 Five Tips for Self-Care in the Age of Information Overload
- Beauty 3.30.20 Stressed? Gabby “Spirit Junkie” Bernstein is Here to Help
- Beauty 2.10.20 Fall/Winter 2020: Backstage Beauty
- Beauty 2.7.20 Limber Up for New York Fashion Week at Outer Reach