The Girls are back! We’re talking Lena Dunham’s quartet of 20-something New Yorkers, Hannah, Marnie, Jessa and Shoshanna, who are returning for their sophomore season on TV. All we know is each girls’ new year’s resolutions. “I resolve to not flirt with my boss,” reads Jessa’s. “I resolve to meet a young financial planner,” goes Shoshanna’s. Of course, the fun is not in whether they do or don’t, ultimately, but in the way they agonize over every little thing as they figure it all out.
In the meantime, the Girls soundtrack has been on constant shuffle here. A new song by Santigold, along with the likes of dance floor favorite Robyn, got us thinking about some of the other great girls making music. So here’s a playlist in homage of the new season, including our two favorites from the show’s soundtrack. Hannah, we hope you approve.
- 212 — Azealia Banks, feat. Lazy Jay
- Girls — Santigold
- Dancing On My Own — Robyn
- Hold Me — Haim
- Picking Up the Pieces — Paloma Faith
- Sweet Nothing — Calvin Harris, feat. Florence Welch
- Anything Could Happen — Ellie Goulding
- Get It Over With — Rihanna
- Dark Paradise — Lana Del Rey
- Every Single Night — Fiona Apple
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 1.17.20 Exploring the World through Vivian Suter’s Gorgeous Brushstrokes
- Culture 1.15.20 Here’s The Book That’s Coming On Your Next Getaway
- Culture 12.25.19 From Us to You — ♡♡♡
- Culture 12.24.19 A Festive Word (and Drawing) From One of Our Instagram Obsessions
- Culture 12.22.19 Say goodbye to 2019 and hello to your new horoscope!