The Darby’s Watermelon Cocktail
6-8 mint leaves
1.5 oz. Grey Goose vodka
.75 oz. simple syrup
1 oz. lime juice
Combine all ingredients and shake vigorously with ice. Strain into a high ball glass over three watermelon-purée ice cubes.
To make watermelon ice cubes, use seedless watermelon and separate the flesh from the rind. Then purée the fruit and pour into ice trays. You can smash the fruit into the ice cube trays as well. Freeze until ready.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining 1.28.21 A Recipe For: Bitter Greens and Citrus Salad
- Entertaining 12.16.20 Cocktail of the Month: Martini
- Entertaining 12.10.20 Recipe: Vegan Pear Cake
- Entertaining 11.12.20 Expert Advice: Setting a Welcoming Holiday Table
- Entertaining 11.10.20 Our Go-To Gift for Food (and Travel) Lovers