“When I wear something really ladylike, I balance it with natural skin and loose hair,” says Dree Hemingway, who stars in our Fall Lookbook.
From New York to Paris, the season’s runways heralded the return of the lady. She’s pulled-together, refined and isn’t afraid of a little luxury. Our collection was inspired by movies such as In the Mood for Love and An Education, where the women are polished and slightly covered up but also sexy. For us, it’s all about that mix.
Eugene Souleiman, the hairstylist for our show, drew his own parallel between the hair (chicly tousled chignons) and the looks themselves, which sums up the aesthetic: “Pretty and chic, yet quirky. It’s when a good hair day goes bad.” Likewise, these pristine looks are worn with a wink. Or at least with leather.
From clothing, shoes and bags to the little finishing touches, we created a mini collection of our favorite ladylike pieces: Shop Now.
More to explore in Style
- Style 10.18.19 Dancer Aoi Yamada on the Power of Performance
- Style 10.16.19 #DestinationAnywhere: Packing with Paravel’s Indre Rockefeller
- Style 10.15.19 Most Wanted: The Lee Radziwill Double Bag
- Style 10.11.19 A History of the International Best Dressed List
- Style 10.9.19 Something Old, Something New with Stylist José Ramón Reyes