The trend is bubbling up this spring, and the new collection is chock full of delightful dots. But how to embrace the circle? We turned to three extremely fashionable colleagues for a spot of advice.
Gloria Baume, Fashion & Style Director
If polka dots aren’t part of your regular rotation…
A good place to start is a polka dot shirt. Our uber-chic navy and white polka dot shirt has quickly become my daily (and nightly) go-to! For work I wear it with my high waisted khaki trouser, chic buckle belt, shrunken burgundy cardigan, and heels. On the weekend I wear it with my favorite Levi’s and loafers or, for the evening, with my navy slim satin pant, men’s tux jacket and slingback stilettos.
If you are nervous about adding a new print to the mix …
Treat it as a solid! Wear with stripes, other polka dots (large or small) and on anything. More is more ? ?
If you want to wear them as an accessory…
I adore our polka dot slingbacks. They are super chic, but also a little whimsical (truly the best of both worlds). I’d wear them with a pair of light-wash vintage Levi’s, a big navy sweater, and a soft, oversized clutch.
More to explore in Style
- Style 4.2.20 Meet the Entrepreneurs Fueling our At-Home Shopping Obsession
- Style 4.1.20 Five Instagram Accounts Making Us Happy Right Now
- Style 3.31.20 Checking in with Espadrille Entrepreneur Libby Fitzgerald
- Style 3.24.20 This Instagram Account is a Treasure Trove of #WFH Fashion
- Style 3.16.20 Stripes: A Love Story