“Back when I was starting my business, I used to have a hard time saying that I was ambitious. The word felt loaded with negativity, which I quickly came to realize was a double standard. While men in the workforce are praised for their ambition, women are criticized for it. That’s part of the reason why I started the Tory Burch Foundation, which provides funding and other resources to female entrepreneurs who need help embracing their ambitions. Paving the way for more gender equality isn’t just a matter of justice. Women are good for a business’s bottom line. So let’s keep pushing forward. I’m wishing you all a happy Women’s Entrepreneurship Day.” — Tory Burch
We at Tory Daily are inspired by smart, passionate women who #EmbraceAmbition and find ways to make their communities stronger. For information on the Tory Burch Foundation, which empowers women entrepreneurs to #EmbraceAmbition, click here.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 12.3.19 Dine like Igor Stravinsky
- Culture 11.22.19 Your Year-End Horoscope is Here!
- Culture 11.19.19 Tory On: Women’s Entrepreneurship Day
- Culture 11.17.19 Why it’s So Hard to Get a Seat at Tokyo Chef Natsuko Shoji’s Table
- Culture 11.14.19 Get to Know the Woman Behind Sydney’s Buzziest Contemporary Arts Hub