As we look ahead to 2019 and exciting changes to come, we found this spread from the December 1985 issue of French Vogue especially inspiring. It was guest-edited by David Hockney, an artist who looks at the world around him. And then looks again. Using the tools he has— paint, camera, paper and pen — he creates work that makes us hit pause and daydream.
Wishing you a warm, merry, happy, safe, peaceful, beautiful and playful holiday.
xx the editors of Tory Daily
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 9.16.20 In Studio with Artist Francesca DiMattio
- Culture 9.12.20 Instagram’s Dancing Queen, Artist Camilla Engstrom
- Culture 8.22.20 Your Monthly Horoscope: It’s Virgo Season
- Culture 7.29.20 Curator Laura de Gunzburg on the Art of Collaboration
- Culture 7.28.20 Michael S. Smith, the Obama White House Years