As we look ahead to 2019 and exciting changes to come, we found this spread from the December 1985 issue of French Vogue especially inspiring. It was guest-edited by David Hockney, an artist who looks at the world around him. And then looks again. Using the tools he has— paint, camera, paper and pen — he creates work that makes us hit pause and daydream.
Wishing you a warm, merry, happy, safe, peaceful, beautiful and playful holiday.
xx the editors of Tory Daily
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 1.17.20 Exploring the World through Vivian Suter’s Gorgeous Brushstrokes
- Culture 1.15.20 Here’s The Book That’s Coming On Your Next Getaway
- Culture 12.25.19 From Us to You — ♡♡♡
- Culture 12.24.19 A Festive Word (and Drawing) From One of Our Instagram Obsessions
- Culture 12.22.19 Say goodbye to 2019 and hello to your new horoscope!