Except, not really.
What’s old is new and the obsession with Polaroids only grows. Famed director Wim Wenders just closed a show at London’s Blain|Southern gallery based on Polaroids taken while on set. Polaroids are a plot device in Netflix’s latest season of 13 Reasons Why. And just this weekend, on Mother’s Day, Outkast’s André 3000 joined Instagram with this inaugural image: an old Polaroid of him and his mom, and she’s carrying a Polaroid camera. Outkast, of course, gave us that earworm of a chorus line, “Shake it like a Polaroid picture! Hey ya!”
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 12.3.19 Dine like Igor Stravinsky
- Culture 11.22.19 Your Year-End Horoscope is Here!
- Culture 11.19.19 Tory On: Women’s Entrepreneurship Day
- Culture 11.17.19 Why it’s So Hard to Get a Seat at Tokyo Chef Natsuko Shoji’s Table
- Culture 11.14.19 Get to Know the Woman Behind Sydney’s Buzziest Contemporary Arts Hub