A: I love setting the tables with fresh flowers for the holidays — and all the days in between, too, for that matter. Real flowers make any room or table that much more beautiful. We use our vintage Imari china which has red and blue in it, so I like to pick up on those colors with dahlias, garden roses, hydrangeas and Ilex berry branches from the farmers market. For table centerpieces, I keep it low and flat so people can see each other and conversation flows. And tall holly branches like Ilex make a dramatic statement in hallways or entryways (and make sure to keep small children and pets away from the berries). — Tory
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining 12.9.19 Entertaining with an Entrepreneurial Twist
- Entertaining 12.2.19 How-Tos: Seven Tips for Creating the Ultimate Holiday Tablescape
- Entertaining 11.27.19 Tory On: Thanksgiving Preparations
- Entertaining 11.27.19 Are Flowers The New Zodiac Signs?
- Entertaining 11.26.19 A Tory Burch Thanksgiving in Milan