For an unadulterated perspective of the fashion industry, pick up a vintage copy of Chic Savages, written by the legendary WWD and W publisher John Fairchild. Packed with witty and acerbic anecdotes of Fairchild’s days covering designers on-the-rise like Yves Saint Laurent, Bill Blass and Calvin Klein and the stylish ladies who loved them—Nancy Reagan, Nan Kempner and the like—it’s as fun a fashion read now as it was in 1989.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 12.3.19 Dine like Igor Stravinsky
- Culture 11.22.19 Your Year-End Horoscope is Here!
- Culture 11.19.19 Tory On: Women’s Entrepreneurship Day
- Culture 11.17.19 Why it’s So Hard to Get a Seat at Tokyo Chef Natsuko Shoji’s Table
- Culture 11.14.19 Get to Know the Woman Behind Sydney’s Buzziest Contemporary Arts Hub