For an unadulterated perspective of the fashion industry, pick up a vintage copy of Chic Savages, written by the legendary WWD and W publisher John Fairchild. Packed with witty and acerbic anecdotes of Fairchild’s days covering designers on-the-rise like Yves Saint Laurent, Bill Blass and Calvin Klein and the stylish ladies who loved them—Nancy Reagan, Nan Kempner and the like—it’s as fun a fashion read now as it was in 1989.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 3.27.20 Culture Club: Literary Escapism You Need More Than Ever
- Culture 3.26.20 Postcards from Team Tory: PR Maven Clara Tonioni
- Culture 3.23.20 Postcards from Team Tory: Nora Maloney
- Culture 3.20.20 Postcards from Team Tory: Lauren Mechling, Senior Global Editor
- Culture 3.19.20 Five Podcasts to Lift You Up