- Actress Liu Shi Shi, left, and Tory Burch
- Models Emma Pei, left, and Tian Yi
- Lv Yan, model and Comme Moi designer
- Model Ma Jing
- Socialite Rigel Davis, left, and stylist Leaf Greener
- Blogger Sasha Xiao
- Blogger Anny Fan
If duality was the theme of the evening, it reared its head(s) in every ambient detail, as Chinese celebrities, like actress Liu Shi Shi of Scarlet Heart fame and global fashion industry insiders like PR mogul Melvin Chua, Comme Moi’s Lv Yan, Babyghost’s Qiaoran Huang and stylist Leaf Greener, mingled among contrast canapés of spring rolls and sliders, and an infinite flow of Southside cocktails and champagne. Even music, from DJ Gin, a Shanghai transplant from Taiwan, spun bass-thumping, hip-hop beats from New Jersey rapper Fetty Wap to Korean pop sensation G Dragon.
As the lights dimmed and guests began to part ways, with matching Gemini Link bracelets in tow, the sounds of the city streets began to resemble that of home — were we in New York? No matter the place, whether East or West, this was certainly a night well lived.
More to explore in Style
- Style 1.10.20 You Know The Drille… Or Do You?
- Style 1.9.20 Editors’ Mood Board: A Collage That Pays Tribute to a Crafty Collection
- Style 12.31.19 An Exclusive New Year’s Eve Comic from Your New Favorite Cartoonist
- Style 12.18.19 The Teddy Coat That Le Tout Instagram is Obsessed With
- Style 12.16.19 Last-Minute but First-Class: A Very Special Holiday Gift Selection