Amalie Gassmann wearing Tory’s Sierra caftan
The pool at Amangiri
Gassmann soaking up the sun at Amangiri’s desert lounge, wearing Tory’s Sierra caftan
Watching the sun rise
Gassmann wearing Tory’s Emily shirt
The view from a morning hike at Amangiri
Another view of the landscape surrounding Amangiri
Earlier this year we spotlighted the breathtaking Amangiri Resort in the the midst of Utah’s quiet deserts, canyons and mountain cliffs. Now, we bring you an insider’s view of that luxury resort. Meet San Francisco-born, Paris-raised Amalie Gassmann, a model at IMG and film student at Bard College, who spent spring break there — and reported all to Tory Daily. Here, her Top 5 things to do at Amangari, plus pics from the trip.
2. Morning hike around Amangiri’s vast private property. The contrast of its modern structure with the wild landscape makes me feel like I am in a James Bond movie!
3. Soak up the sun in their spacious desert lounge. Comfort is key for me so this colorful dress is perfect for a relaxing day!
4. Private excursion to Rattlesnake, Owl and, of course, the renowned Antelope Canyon. The wide variety of shapes and tones of the rocks are simply breathtaking, a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Don’t forget to admire the view of Horseshoe Canyon.
5. Riding adventure! I have not ridden in a while so galloping around the property was such a refreshing experience — wild and free!
More to explore in Travel
- Travel 12.6.19 This Jet-Age Travel Magazine Was a Holiday in and of Itself
- Travel 11.25.19 A Hudson Valley Getaway for the Smart Set
- Travel 11.10.19 Hikari Mori on Holiday Travel and Traditions
- Travel 10.10.19 #DestinationAnywhere: Travel Talks with Jacqueline Gifford
- Style 10.3.19 #DestinationAnywhere: Dubai with Karen Wazen