Here are a few fun facts about the humble coconut you might not know… For instance, that coconut flowers are considered fertility symbols in India. Or that during WWII, when IV saline solution was running low, coconut water was reportedly used. Or that there’s a Coconut Palace in the Philippines, commissioned Imelda Marcos, made mostly from coconut lumber and shells. On the flip side, here’s one thing you probably already know about that furry drupe: it makes for a delicious and fluffy cake — see above.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining 4.9.18 Getaway Issue: Interior Designer Amanda Lindroth’s Guide to the Bahamas
- Entertaining 4.1.18 Tory Entertains: Easter Table Setting
- Culture 3.1.18 Spring 2018: Spotlight on Artist Luke Edward Hall
- Entertaining 2.24.18 Spring 2018: Top 5 Cinematic Interiors
- Entertaining 2.23.18 Spring 2018: David Hicks 101