What if you could eat your way around the world — without ever leaving the comfort of your home? Let us introduce you to Try The World, a gourmet subscription service that delivers a box of culinary goods from far-flung locales, every two months. Each spotlights a single country and is carefully curated by a top-name chef with products from local purveyors. For instance, April’s Portugal Box — handpicked by Michelin-starred Chef George Mendes, a current James Beard 2016 nominee whose family hails from there — includes everything from traditional piri piri hot sauce to bacalhau. A culture guide, with recipes and details on where each item comes from in Portugal, is included. For those on the go, meanwhile, there’s a new Try The World Snack Box version, too.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining 1.14.20 Cocktail of the Month: New Year, Timeless Margarita
- Entertaining 1.13.20 At Home—To The Very Max—With Tory Burch’s Filipa De Abreau
- Entertaining 12.19.19 A Creative Director’s Take on the Holiday Table
- Entertaining 12.9.19 Entertaining with an Entrepreneurial Twist
- Entertaining 12.2.19 How-Tos: Seven Tips for Creating the Ultimate Holiday Tablescape