Among Henri Matisse’s many artistic talents — paintings, cut-outs, sculptures — was his beautiful and beautifully colorful book work. You can explore the full breadth of his creations in this field with Graphic Passion: Matisse and the Book Arts, on view at New York’s Morgan Library & Museum till January 18, 2016 — from his typography and cover designs to his illustrations and page layouts.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 9.16.20 In Studio with Artist Francesca DiMattio
- Culture 9.12.20 Instagram’s Dancing Queen, Artist Camilla Engstrom
- Culture 8.22.20 Your Monthly Horoscope: It’s Virgo Season
- Culture 7.29.20 Curator Laura de Gunzburg on the Art of Collaboration
- Culture 7.28.20 Michael S. Smith, the Obama White House Years