Among Henri Matisse’s many artistic talents — paintings, cut-outs, sculptures — was his beautiful and beautifully colorful book work. You can explore the full breadth of his creations in this field with Graphic Passion: Matisse and the Book Arts, on view at New York’s Morgan Library & Museum till January 18, 2016 — from his typography and cover designs to his illustrations and page layouts.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 1.24.20 An Uncomplicatedly Delicious Lunar New Year With Chef Jenny Dorsey
- Culture 1.23.20 The Hot Ticket: Medea at BAM
- Culture 1.21.20 Our Lunar New Year Red Packet Explainer
- Culture 1.20.20 The Horoscope Doctor is In
- Culture 1.17.20 Exploring the World through Vivian Suter’s Gorgeous Brushstrokes