If a picture’s worth a thousand words, then we’ll let the above do all the talking. Master colorist Henri Matisse. His famous and revolutionary cut-outs — cut and painted sheets that he collaged into compositions, some full room-sized. On view at New York’s Museum of Modern Art till February 8. A must-see. You won’t regret it.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 12.12.18 To Visit: Miró Exhibit, Grand Palais
- Culture 12.6.18 To Read: The Wes Anderson Collection
- Culture 11.26.18 To Visit: Andy Warhol at The Whitney Museum of American Art
- Culture 11.12.18 Spotlight On: Illustrator Maddie Edgar
- Culture 11.7.18 Spotlight On: Grand Central Terminal’s Celestial Ceiling