“I love unusual pairings in fashion, decor or entertaining. Mixing colors, patterns and references — something from the 1960s with something from the 1860s — makes for an interesting visual and conversation. Like an early 19th-century Asian cart my father Buddy found while traveling, that I now use for flowers and barware during parties. Here, for a summer lunch, I put fresh-cut hydrangeas in our new spongeware pitcher. I love how the classic blue-and-white of the spongeware pieces and the delicateness of our new stemware plays off the strong curves of the antique cart.” — Tory
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining 12.2.19 How-Tos: Seven Tips for Creating the Ultimate Holiday Tablescape
- Entertaining 11.27.19 Tory On: Entertaining
- Entertaining 11.27.19 Are Flowers The New Zodiac Signs?
- Entertaining 11.26.19 A Tory Burch Thanksgiving in Milan
- Entertaining 11.18.19 Here’s the Entrepreneur Behind Fashion’s Love Affair With Flowers