With two musical movies upcoming (Into the Woods, Pitch Perfect 2) and a Billboard hit (Cups) in her back pocket, Anna Kendrick knows a thing or two about singing. Here, she shares the album that made her want to be a performer — and details that time she entered a mosh pit.
Oh, this is so embarrassing. My dad was a big Hootie & the Blowfish fan, so I went to a Hootie & the Blowfish concert with my parents. But my first concert on my own was Weezer, and I thought it would be fun to go into a mosh pit and I forgot that I’m 5’2″ and I can’t do stuff like that. So that did not end well.
Soundtrack to my life…
I really like this band called Clem Snide. The lead singer is Eef Barzelay; he does some solo stuff. I was introduced to him when I worked on my second film, Rocket Science. And I love his music — it’s quirky and sad and joyful… it’s sort of everything.
Best career advice ever received…
George Clooney always used to say you can make a good script bad, but you can’t ever make a bad script good.
More to explore in Music
- Music 3.31.20 These Digital Dance Parties are The Ultimate Release
- Music 3.20.20 DJ Mad Marj is Here for Your Living Room Dance Party
- Music 2.13.20 A Playlist Influenced by the Fall/Winter 2020 Soundtrack
- Music 2.10.20 Alice Smith Brought Down The House at Fall/Winter 2020
- Music 1.22.20 A Playlist to Take You Places