The story behind Beverly Hills candy shop Sugarfina is like something out of a rom-com movie. Founders Rosie O’Neill and Josh Resnick met online and, on their third date, went to see a screening of the original Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory. Something clicked. Why shouldn’t there be gourmet candy… for adults? They talked. They brainstormed. They left their jobs, traveled the world researching confections and, in 2012, after nearly three years of dating, launched Sugarfina, which just opened a second outpost in L.A. It’s a tale as sweet as, well, their ice cream sundae malt balls, gummy piglets, honey-infused jelly beans (above) and champagne marshmallows dipped in 24K gold.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining 12.16.20 Cocktail of the Month: Martini
- Entertaining 12.10.20 Recipe: Vegan Pear Cake
- Entertaining 11.12.20 Expert Advice: Setting a Welcoming Holiday Table
- Entertaining 11.10.20 Our Go-To Gift for Food (and Travel) Lovers
- Entertaining 10.26.20 The Booming Business of Booze-Free Cocktails