In keeping with Tory’s fresh and seasonal Mother’s Day menu, here’s her take on a casual yet intimate table setting for that special day. Sticking with one color theme ties the look together — Tory’s tried-and-true favorite is blue, used as an accent here on place mats, table linens and drinking glasses. Just mix things up with different prints (a pretty toile on the table vs. something abstract on a vase) and flowers, like these white roses and elegant long-stemmed delphinium flowers. To ground the play of patterns, meanwhile, try adding natural bamboo flatware.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining Spotlight On: Chef April Bloomfield Fri, Apr 24, 2015
- Entertaining To Read: Bunny Williams On Garden Style Wed, Apr 22, 2015
- Entertaining Milan Issue: Valentina Scambia’s Guide to the Entertaining Scene Sat, Apr 18, 2015
- Entertaining Milan Issue: Gelato in the City Wed, Apr 15, 2015
- Entertaining Milan Issue: Shop Martina Mondadori’s Cabana Magazine on 1stdibs Tue, Apr 14, 2015