The Chateau Marmont’s bartender shares the secret recipes for a few cocktails
that harken back to the days when Marilyn Monroe and Greta Garbo were regulars, and you might just spot James Dean unwinding after a day on set…
4 slices fresh lime
4 slices cucumber
2 oz New Amsterdam gin
.5 oz simple syrup
Muddle the lime and cucumber. Add ice and combine with the gin and simple syrup. Shake well and pour into a glass. Garnish with a slice of lime and cucumber.
1 oz Famous Grouse scotch
1 oz Carpano Antica
1 Maraschino cherry
3/4 oz Campari
Combine all ingredients over ice. Stir well and strain into a coupe. Garnish with a maraschino cherry.
2 oz Russian Standard vodka
.5 oz Ginger beer
Combine the vodka with ice. Top with the ginger beer and garnish with a slice of lime. The classic vessel for this cocktail is a copper mug, but you can use any type of rocks or highball glass.
For more features from our L.A. Issue, click here.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining Entertaining Issue: To Read, The Chef’s Library Wed, Nov 30, 2016
- Entertaining Entertaining Issue: Darcy Miller on Celebrate Everything! Mon, Nov 28, 2016
- Entertaining Entertaining Issue: Kate Berry on Holiday Style & Decor Sun, Nov 27, 2016
- Entertaining Entertaining Issue: To Read, Cecil Beaton at Home Sat, Nov 26, 2016
- Entertaining Entertaining Issue: To Read, Mimi Thorisson’s French Country Cooking Wed, Nov 23, 2016