The Chateau Marmont’s bartender shares the secret recipes for a few cocktails
that harken back to the days when Marilyn Monroe and Greta Garbo were regulars, and you might just spot James Dean unwinding after a day on set…
4 slices fresh lime
4 slices cucumber
2 oz New Amsterdam gin
5 oz simple syrup
Muddle the lime and cucumber. Add ice and combine with the gin and simple syrup. Shake well and pour into a glass. Garnish with a slice of lime and cucumber.
1 oz Famous Grouse scotch
1 oz Carpano Antica
1 Maraschino cherry
Combine all ingredients over ice. Stir well and strain into a coupe. Garnish with a maraschino cherry.
2 oz Russian Standard vodka
5 oz Ginger beer
Combine the vodka with ice. Top with the ginger beer and garnish with a slice of lime. The classic vessel for this cocktail is a copper mug, but you can use any type of rocks or highball glass.
For more features from our L.A. Issue, click here.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining Tory Entertains: The Swizzle Wed, Mar 5, 2014
- Entertaining Tory Entertains: Fall 2014 Post-Show Lunch Tue, Feb 11, 2014
- Entertaining Spotlight On: Even Editors Eat Sun, Feb 9, 2014
- Entertaining Chef Simpson Wong On: Lunar New Year Feasts & Fêtes Fri, Jan 31, 2014
- Entertaining Recipes: Chateau Marmont Cocktails Thu, Jan 16, 2014